- Reduce the likelihood of spills turning into stains by wiping them up immediately.
- Scrub tough stains with a nylon brush or nonabrasive nylon pad. Don’t use steel wool since it can scratch the tile and leave rust stains.
- If your tiles seem to stain easily, seal them. Unglazed tiles and stone are most likely to stain if not sealed.
- Some grouts also stain easily. Seal just the grout if your floor doesn’t need to be sealed.
- For stone, a poultice will sometimes work. Mix up a paste of a powdered material such as plaster of paris with a liquid cleaning agent such as water or a mild hydrogen-peroxide solution. Spread the paste on the stain and cover it with plastic. Let it dry for a day or two, then brush it off. Ask your dealer what products to use for your stone.
(800) 750-2250 firstname.lastname@example.org